Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ideas and Thoughts of the Morning

"stay strong be about something have a purpose in liiife do you if you wait for someone else to make you happy you'll be sad a long long time when you meet your dead end that should be when your new road begins remove pain from your brain by removing your brain from pain" ---Man's words from a video I was watching this morning



i was reading an article in GOOD magazine talking about the education system and how it needs change.
http://www.good.is/series/the-chalkboard/

some thoughts:

I wish i realized the importance of insight at a younger age. I think i would have processed information and would have been able to express myself differently today. I'm glad that i acknowledge this now..better late than never. I just feel that I didnt take advantage of classes I had taken, books I was given to read, or those moments when a teacher would ask, "are there any questions?" the way that I could have. Just something thats on my mind right now.... i dono.

We all process information in different ways and our interests are different as well. While watching the news I change the channel if the story doest interest me..while reading a magazine I keep flipping through until I see a headline/title that catches my eye. I admire people who take that time to expose themselves to varying topics, have something to say or a tidbit of info to add to a conversation, or ask questions and simply listen to learn if they haven't a clue.

SO ANYWAY Its important that we give ourselves time to learn new things, understand what we're learning, research, ask questions, and have opinions. Something I need to continue to work on myself.

I may be wrong about some of the things im saying, or perhaps stating the obvious. But, im just thinking .

My GOOD magazine also focused on the rebuilding of New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina. This was a tragedy that even I look over and forget most of the time. But while reading I was wondering if this is an opportunity for America to become innovative in the way that we build homes, build communities, rethink the way we educate, and so on. Again, just a thought ...

No comments: