Saturday, October 16, 2010

Work Hard/Play Hard



It's beautiful outside today. I woke up at 6:30 a.m and thought about falling back asleep because its saturday, but couldn't. I figured I'd try and make the most of my day since lately I haven't been the best at doing that.

I began working on the pillows for the show my mom and I are doing together. I'm extremely excited but also fearful of the outcome. I'm anxious. I won't worry too much. I keep having all these ideas that are making me antsy, so hopefully everything will kind of come together and fall in to place -- but only if I put in the time and effort necessary.

While putting together a folder of images I wanted on my pillows I became inspired to post on here. The image above was inspired by something I saw while driving to Richmond last week. I was riding and saw birds flying low above myself and other cars. Maybe I've never payed attention before but I saw the birds shadow on the ground and was intrigued by it. I thought it was neat how their shadows were kind of, creating the ground beneath us, and thought it'd be cool to see an image where birds shadows created the horizon. I drew this kind of fast, and could see executed in a more graphic fashion, but the idea is there. I suppose I'll recreate soon?



Over the summer I designed this logo for a connect I made through a previous client. I prefer a different font, or a different "s." I fell in love with this logo discovered while looking through poketo.com.



I've got to find some better, preferably free, fonts. I've seen plenty of sites that periodically posts free fonts to download, so I'll have to take some time to do some research.

No comments: