Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Elephants and Colored Water

Happy New Year to you! I pray you have a blessed and prosperous one. It's finally 2012, the year I've been waiting for since sitting in my 9th grade history class watching a movie about the Mayans and learning about our final days on this earth. I was all like "whooaa, I wonder what I'm going to be like and what I'm going to be doing?" Well, at this time in my life I'm learning more about myself than ever, and at the moment I'm making an elephant pillow and have been trying out some watercolor paintings.

A finished pillow will come soon. I'm also working on some place mats and some napkins. I recently ordered some napkin rings from a seller on etsy that I'll be receiving in the mail any day now. So excited about that!



I was just having a conversation with my mom that kind of inspired me. We were just talking about all of these ideas we have and feeling like you sometimes don't have the time to do it all. It's quite frustrating. That's why its so important to plan and stick to it as best you can, and deviate from it only when it feels right in your heart. Never forget who you are, never forget where your heart is, remember what you stand for and believe in, and never lose sight of any vision that you've had for yourself that made you smile, maybe teary-eyed with passion, maybe eager, maybe it gave you the jitters...anyway, stick to it and let all that good energy flow from your toes to the tips of your fingers to the follicles in your hair.

I just rambled :)

My boyfriend and worked on some watercolor paintings together this weekend. This isn't too great, but good fun to do together. I enjoyed experimenting with them.