Monday, June 24, 2013

Let your heart take you



I'm slowly getting into the habit of praying and spending quiet time with God before and/or after work. I've found it to truly be a blessing as I'm able to spiritually prepare for whatever may come my way that day, talk to God and let go of whatever is on my heart and mind at the time, or just celebrate who He is and forget about my worries and woes. 

Anyhow, I didn't really get serious about this time with Him until this year, and still not truly serious until recently. But over time the more and more I do it I've felt a sense of freedom in myself and peace with the things going on around me. I still worry. I still become insecure. But I feel like I don't carry it like I used to. These moments with Him have offered me the opportunity to let it go, trust that He'll take care of it all, and learn His Word so that I can apply it to life.

This year, as I've spent more time with Him I've realized that God knows my heart, and He and my heart know me best. Since graduating there are a couple things that have remained on my mind and heart that I've ignored because of fear or inability to make sense of how it would work in my life. But as I've continued to pray and spend time with Him more, these desires have only become louder and now almost audibly clear. 

My heart, or probably God, is like "Do it." And I'm now saying, "Ok." 

So I say this to encourage you. If there is something that reoccurs in your mind that tugs on your heart, it's probably something you're purposed to do. If it seems impossible or may take a little extra time or different kind of effort, it'll probably be worth it in the end. And if you fear what people may think of you, you're probably taking a risk that involves a leap that not many would have the nerve to do, but for some reason this thing has been placed in your heart because you have been given the capacity (the ability, the experiences, you're prepared and ready, you have the strength) to do it. 

I think when we follow God we have to let go of opinions, fears, logic, insecurities, etc. and just let Him pull you. Let Him lead the way. 


But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night. And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity]. 
(Psalm 1:2, 3 AMP)

Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for andhope for andexpect the Lord!  
(Psalm 31:24 AMP)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this post, Ashleigh!! What a blessing to see your growth in The Lord! Letting go is such an exercise in faith, isn't it? We know He will do what He says He'll do, yet we constantly carry burdens that He's asked us to cast on Him. I'm guilty. What helps me, though, is to reflect on His goodness, the situations He's worked out for me, the prayers He's answered-- simple prayers--like moving traffic out of the way when I want to cross over the Bypass when leaving Wendy's! :)
Love ya!