Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"Why Quantity Should be Your Priority" from Medium.com

Two years ago I set a goal of making 22 pillows within a month for a craft show I was going to do with my mom. I haven't done something like this since, but I'm thinking it is that time. 

Why Quantity Should be Your Priority

I've seen a few people post this blog post on facebook and want to repost. Has definitely got me thinking a bit more about the way I create and what I should change. 

-----
I was recently reminded of a simple general principle to operate by, especially for those of us in the early phases of mastery or wanting to expose ourselves to high-growth opportunities: 
Quantity trumps quality. 
Let me elaborate: quantity should be a higher priority than quality, because it leads to higher quality. The shorter path to maximized quality is in maximized quantity, and executing on the feedback after each finished product. (Some may say that this is a less refined form of deliberate practise.) 

-----

Read more at the link 
https://medium.com/better-humans/3bc2b16fe3f5 




No comments: