Monday, May 13, 2013

Hand sewn onesies


Since graduating in 2010 I began to have a desire to make clothing and products for kids. As I realized my love for pattern making, hand sewing, and illustration fun and quirky ideas, it seemed like the perfect direction to go and market to enter. 

Now that I'm a new aunt I can't help but act on this desire of mine. For Mother's Day I had no clue what to get my sister. A couple hours before leaving to go spend time with her and my mom I got the idea to make this onesie for her. I began to get anxious and left, but finished once I got there. 

This onesie is really simple and didn't take too long, but I'm now so excited and anxious to come up with some more intricate or simple designs. With many of my generation turning into mommies this could be the perfect project for this time, and perhaps something I'll pursue for some time -- who knows!

No comments: