Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I'm Back!

 Illustration by Ashleigh Corrin Webb          ©Ashleigh Corrin Webb

I haven't used my blog in quite some time. My last post was in 2014!

I've recently been feeling like I needed this space to just share some random thoughts, ideas, observations. As a visual person I tend to share a lot on Instagram, but as I began to use it more for my business I felt like I was losing part of myself and my voice. And I think I became entangled in the idea of what I was supposed to be sharing and posting and saying based on what I saw others doing! It was something that was consuming me and taking me away from actually creating what I wanted ... annnnd also just living rather than thinking about it all the time :)  I had to take a little step back and analyze what platforms worked for me and why. Since I'm just kind of getting into this, I'm sure I will learn what feels right for me. I usually work this way -- enter a space to get a feel and then once I get it I can go wild and do my thing. So I'm hoping and expecting that this will be the same in this season of mine as I'm transitioning in to full-time freelancing and all that comes with this.

I get a little scared at times. You know when you hear a voice and you think that voice is telling you to do this thing. And once you finally do it you're like, "ummm, God, was that you or me all this time?!" I love a challenge. And I love the process of stepping into something uncomfortable and figuring out how I will work through it. I think this is what life is all about. I believe in that small voice inside. And I believe stepping into the unknown will take you far if you can let go and trust, and do, and listen.

So its scary but exciting. I'm learning you have to keep pushing through and things will come. I feel like its like casting your net and seeing what catches (... and casting multiple times!) Opportunity will flow in.

- - - - - - - - - -

“Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish. John 21:6


No comments: